1. Violin Classes
These violins classes are taught by Vivienne at her music studio and are one to one classes. A compulsory Trial Lesson for Beginners or an Audition Session will be necessary before monthly classes begin. Vivienne will ascertain from the Audition Session the class duration based on the current skill and technical ability of the student. These lessons are also an opportunity to prove chemistry as well between teacher and student.
Please prepare the following for the 30- 45 minute Trial lesson/Audition session:
- A Scale and Your best piece (preferably two pieces of contrasting era/mood or one piece and one technical piece/Etude), and
- A written list of repertoire (or book series) past and present covered to submit during the session;
- Some background of your learning and achievements to date and a sentence on what you hope to get out of the classes.
Fees Guidelines upon Sign Up per Teaching Agreement
- Payment will be by Bank/Paynow/PayLah! Transfer, due to the COVID 19 Pandemic Cash & Cheque modes are not advisable.
- Fees are collected monthly on the first week of the month.
- Late payment of fees (for more than 3 successive lessons) will incur a 25% extra charge for the next month.
- Strictly no refund of fees.
- Make up lessons permissible if cancellations of class was given at least 7 days notice in advance. (Within 48 hours of cancellation of the class is deemed to be last minute cancellation and a counted lesson.)
- No termination of lessons in the month of November, last lesson of that period will have to be end December. There will be a ONE month notice to terminate classes in formal writing. Sudden Termination without ONE month notice will lead to an extra one month of payment of fees.
- The 5th week lesson of the month shall be a rest week where there will be no lessons. However, should the student desire to have 5 weeks of lesson in the month, the fees for that month for all 5 lessons shall be made payable at the beginning of the month.
- For unforeseen medical reasons, last minute cancellations will render a make up class. In such cases, a Medical Certificate must be produced. (During Covid 19 Period, no MC will be needed please rest at home and do a make up or if you are up to it, have an online lesson instead of coming physically for class.)
- All Make up Classes should ideally be completed during the same month or month after of which the cancellation of class was made.
- Trial Classes will be booked and paid in advance, there will be no cancellations after booking and payment is made. Strictly no refunds will be given for any changes.
2. Online Lessons
Online lessons are available one on one. There is no need for an audition for online lessons. However, these lessons are booked per lesson hence there may be no weekly fixed timings as it will be subject to Vivienne’s regular schedule. These lessons use Skype, WhatsApp, Wechat or Zoom.
Charges are per 15 min blocks at SGD$60 for the first 15 minutes and SGD$50 for subsequent blocks of 15mins. Payment will be prepaid before the lesson.
These classes are extremely helpful in quickly arresting problem areas in pieces and helping to troubleshoot if you are stuck with practice of a particular piece or section. And the best part is that you will be able to do this in the comfort of your home without having to travel down for the lesson.
3. Violin Masterclasses
These Masterclasses are for students who may be having their regular lessons from other teachers/places and who are intending to deepen their understanding and improve on specific/certain repertoire. Fees are advised upon enquiry.
|Duration||Fees Per Lesson|
|30 mins||$120 – $170|
|45 mins||$180 – $250|
|60 mins||$200 – $300|
4. Ensemble or Group Training
These are for two or more students. In these classes, you will expect the students to achieve better overall tone and intonation through improvements on bowings, fingerings and better understanding of phrase structures.
Technical practise will definitely be taught in these classes for students to achieve an overall better performance of the pieces assigned. This would benefit when facing future repertoire as they are then armed with better technical ability.
Per hour charges are $250, Min engagement at 2 hours per session.
**Strictly no lessons on Sundays and Public Holidays**